SV A-Stamp Program
There are currently four evaluations available.
Please Note: Effective Jan 2023, OFA Hip and Elbow evaluations will no longer be accepted for Breed Surveys.
- Hip Evaluation – this is an evaluation for Hip Dysplasia. This is a required evaluation by the SV for breeding dogs and dogs competing at international competitions. Dogs must be sedated for this x-ray.
- LUW – Transitional vertebrae – this is an evaluation of the transitional vertebra of the spine. It can be done from the same x-ray as the hip x-ray. It is not currently required, but is easy to add.
- Elbow Evaluation – this is an evaluation for Elbow Dysplasia. This is a required evaluation by the SV for breeding dogs and dogs competing at international competitions.
- OCD – Evaluation for Osteochondritis Dissecans. This is a genetic, degenerative condition. This is NOT a required evaluation. It does require an additional x-ray. Talk to your vet about adding this x-ray if you want this done.
The 5-step process:
1. Completely and carefully fill out this form
2. You will receive a confirmation email with attached documents (check trash or spam folders). One document contains important information for you and the veterinarian and the other document is a letter the veterinarian signs after the x rays are taken. Print everything and bring the forms and letter to be signed, along with the dog's original registration papers, including pedigree reflecting the current owner, to an approved veterinarian ( list below).
3. The veterinarian will take the x- rays and upload to the online portal, sign the form letter you brought and then you pay for their service.
4. Mail the completed and signed forms, the GSSCC/SV A-Stamp veterinarian letter and your dog's original registration papers including pedigree to:
Attention Dwyn Tomlinson
2040 Ellesmere Road,
5. Pay for SV evaluation of x-rays to the GSSCC by sending an e transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- HD Eval - $120.00
- Add LUW Eval to HD $15.00 (optional, no additional x-rays required)
- ED Eval - $110.00
- OCD Eval - $80.00 (optional, additional x-rays required)
(Due to the current COVID situation - we are not taking cheques at this time.)
Once the we receive all of the above and ensure it is correct, we send the original documents to the S.V. The x-rays will then be evaluated by the SV. The original registration papers including the pedigree and the evaluation forms will be returned to us, and we will send them back to you.
We generally get the results before the paperwork is returned, and we will let you know as soon as we have them.
GSSCC A Stamp Program Overview and Instructions
Approved GSSCC/SV A-Stamp Program Veterinarians
|Region||Clinic Name and Address|
Dr Sherri Malone
Dr Stephanie Power
Dr Jule Schweighoefer
Dr. Camillle Potvin
Dr. Jhoanna Rodriguez Forero
|Dr. Kelly Ferguson
Cranberry Hill Animal Hospital
2895 Highway #43
Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0
Dr. Carol Graham
Dr. Hardish Momi
Prince Charles Animal Hospital
312 Thorold Rd, Welland, ON L3C 3W5
Chaparral Veterinary Clinic
M.J. Veterinary Service
Dr. Kelti Kachur
Dr. Mireille de Winter
Dr. Anita Selander
David Lane, DVM, ACVSMR, CCRT, CVSMT, CVA
Dr. Anthony Lau